IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >   ( К первому непрочитанному сообщению )
Ответить в темуСоздать новую темуСоздать новый опрос
> Воссоединение DD Fab Five, что сулит возрождение старого союза в новом тысячелетии?
Velvet
сообщение 30/03.2003 - 22:24
Сообщение #31/4915 

Гость

DDfans
Трогательно... :blush:
Особенно сильно -
ЦИТАТА
ДОЖДАЛИСЬ!!! Они снова с нами..., как были, все вместе, как начинали...

Только Саймон на 'рулевого' не похож, как не смотри! ;)
Перейти на верхушку страницы
+Цитировать данное сообщение
Пользователь в отключке :) Lily
сообщение 31/03.2003 - 08:58
Сообщение #32/4916 

Дюранист

Из: Подольск

Да, Ник радом с Джоном несколько... гм... невысокий. ;) Velvet, и в самом деле хорошо, что Саймон сидит, если Ника между ним и Джоном поставить - это вообще жуть... Хотя Ник - немаленький, он одного роста с Энди. Эх, узнаю старый (в фигуральном смысле!!!) добрый Дюран Дюран. :D

2 DDfans: И ничего вздыхать, их них песочек еще не сыпется. Далеко до этого! Саймону, самому старшему и 45 не стукнуло. Выглядят они на свой возраст, а энергии хоть отбавляй. Еще не хватало, чтоб они пластическими операциями увлекались. :devil:

А вот чего я сегодня в дюрановской рассылке получила:

28 MARCH 2003
Eighties supergroup Duran Duran are set for a major comeback, with a
new album and tour already in the works. And despite the fact that
their heyday has long-since passed, the coiffeured heart-throbs have
won a staggering 30-million pounds record deal with label Arista.

The full original line-up has been reunited for the first time in 17
years, and Arista is hoping their enduring worldwide appeal will help
revive the success of years gone by. 'It will be their most exciting
album in many years,' said a spokesman. 'It's classic Duran Duran for
the new millennium.'

A 13-CD box set comprising all the band's singles will also be
released in June. Duran Duran: The Singles Box spans their most
famous tracks, including hits like Hungry Like The Wolf, Girls On
Film and Rio.

Thankfully Simon Le Bon and the rest of the boys are not planning to
recreate their old image for the comeback, so they'll be leaving the
make-up and hair gel at home. Their new look will be a more mature,
smart-casual style, befitting some of pop's elder statesmen. After
all, the chart-topping pin-ups are all now in the forties.

Я правильно понимаю, дюраны с лейблом контракт подписали????!!!!!! Наконец-то????!!!!! :D :D :D
Перейти на верхушку страницыВизитная карточка пользователяОставить приватное сообщение пользователю
Пользователь в отключке :) winter rose
сообщение 31/03.2003 - 20:27
Сообщение #33/4917 

Дюранист

Из: Москва

ЦИТАТА
в самом деле хорошо, что Саймон сидит, если Ника между ним и Джоном поставить - это вообще жуть...  

Да ладно, ;) такое сколько раз бывало-и совсем не жуть !
:P :D

2 DDFans
А интерьерчик и правда чем-то неуловимо клип Perfect Day напоминает

ЦИТАТА
have
won a staggering 30-million pounds record deal with label Arista.

А я сегодня прочла, Кэти с ДД.ком эту инфу опровергла. :(
Перейти на верхушку страницыВизитная карточка пользователяОставить приватное сообщение пользователю
сообщение 01/04.2003 - 15:51
Сообщение #34/4918 

Дюранист

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
сообщение 02/04.2003 - 13:43
Сообщение #35/4919 

Дюранист

Lily, да не огорчайся так!
:) :) Все равно что-нибудь найдут !
сообщение 02/04.2003 - 14:25
Сообщение #36/4920 

Дюранист

Ну да... Когда-нибудь...
Пользователь в отключке :) DDfans
сообщение 02/04.2003 - 23:33
Сообщение #37/4921 

Хранитель портала

Из: Москва, Кунцево

Velvet
МИНИ-ЦИТАТА
Только Саймон на 'рулевого' не похож, как не смотри!

Ну кому как кажется ;)
сообщение 03/04.2003 - 19:53
Сообщение #38/4922 

Дюранист

Прочла сегодня на Лизарде, что эта новая 'менеджерица' ДД еще и по совместительству двоюродная сестричка Ника. :o
Пользователь в отключке :) john morgan
сообщение 09/04.2003 - 06:42
Сообщение #39/4923 

Дюранист

Из: Владивосток

ДОЛЬШЕ ОЖИДАНИЕ- БОЛЬШЕ РАЗОЧАРОВАНИЕ

Единственный обратный пример:
a-ha - minor earth, major sky:music:

Если все у них так хорошо, в смысле с новым материалом, чего они его в который раз переделывают?
сообщение 09/04.2003 - 09:24
Сообщение #40/4924 

Дюранист

Да кто ж их разберет? Творческие личности... Может, Саймон каждую ночь новые тексты пишет и сжигает их, как Гоголь второй том 'Мертвых душ'. :lol:

А если серьезно: музыканты слишком долго не работали вместе. Отвыкли друг от друга. Попробовали себя в других группах и в сольном творчестве. На публике они демонстрируют полное единение, но (типун мне на язык!), может, они не могут снова сработаться. И нужно время именно на это?

Помните, сколько времени ушло у Уоррена на то, чтобы стать частью ДД, а не просто сессионным музыкантом, который стоит с ними на одной сцене? А тут сразу три таких участника, три блудных сына, которые столько пропустили альбомов, гастролей, не писали песен для ДД... Все так сложно... :o
Lady Xenax
сообщение 09/04.2003 - 22:55
Сообщение #41/4925 

Гость

Знаете, дюрановский альбом, который вышел в срок - это Дюраномалия.
Lady Xenax
сообщение 15/04.2003 - 22:38
Сообщение #42/4926 

Гость

Вот одно интересное интервью -

NIGEL REEVE
DATE: April, 2003
INTERVIEWED BY: Tom McClintock

Nigel Reeve is a producer extraordinaire who works for EMI in London as their UK Catalogue A&R Manager. Nigel has worked on a number of EMI projects, including David Bowie, Deep Purple, The Ramones, Dexy's Midnight Runners, ELO, Marillion and of course, Duran Duran.

Recently, I had the chance to interview Nigel about his work with the Duran Duran catalogue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, it is probably important to note that you do not work for Duran Duran - you work for EMI. What Duran Duran material have you thus far worked on and what sort of leeway have you been given in terms of what Duran Duran projects you get to work on?
I do indeed work for EMI but I believe I have an obligation to treat the band's repertoire in a way that maintains its and their integrity. Basically, although the band are no longer signed to the label, I am their A&R man. If they have any issues with things concerning the repertoire, I'm the person they should feel they can come to.

I've worked on a number of Duran projects over the years: Greatest and the Girls On Film remixes at the time, Strange Behaviour, the Rio remaster and of course the first singles box which is due for release in May.

I have a large amount of leeway in what I do with the catalogue but I always try to maintain that working relationship with the band. I don't go out of my way to cheapen the catalogue in any way, though there are parts of EMI over which I have no control i.e., internationally and at the budget price point.

Whilst there may be an amount of unreleased material in the vaults there is a time and place for that to appear, if at all. You don't put all your eggs in one basket and some things are unreleased for a very good reason! So whilst having a large amount of leeway is a good thing the mandate has to be dealt with professionally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Duran Duran is no longer signed to EMI, how much involvement do they actually have in terms of their back catalogue and their work with you?
I keep Nick in the loop all the time and we get together every now and again for lunch to talk through things. Needless to say I go through management with my plans so as not to conflict with anything new the band are doing. The band don't really have the time to approve everything and plan everything that happens on the catalogue so much of the trust lies with me. I'm sure I'll know about it if I f#$k up.

As I'm sure you are aware, I cover off many artists across the EMI catalogue and I have to split my time as evenly as possible which explains why the fans don't get a constant flow of releases. Apart from that, as I say, the band have new things going on and the focus should be on that rather than the catalogue most of the time.

I know you have been digging through the EMI 'vaults' indexing the Duran Duran catalogue. Have you found any interesting demos, live recordings or early mixes of the band's work? Any titles you can divulge?
I can't divulge any titles I'm afraid, but yes, there are a number of things there that may surface on a Duran Anthology project. Certainly that is something Nick is interested in doing at some point. Such a project would need a full year of research as many tapes in the vault have merely working titles and therefore can't be identified without playing. In that respect we are talking about mix downs and multi tracks.

As I said earlier, there are things there which are unreleased for a very good reason and shall remain so. The decision on what will or won't be released when it comes to the unreleased material really lies with the band; they know best.

How about the Arcadia and Power Station side projects?
I'd love to do projects on both acts at some stage, both CD and DVD, but I guess we are going to have to wait and see how the land lies. I personally think the Arcadia material is certainly due for another look at.

From a technical standpoint, what condition are all the Duran Duran master tapes in? Has there been a need for extensive restoration work, and are all the tapes present? What sort of equipment has been needed thus far?
Most tapes from the 80's, not just Duran's need baking. That is something that is a general thing and no reflection on the Duran tapes which once baked play fine. The only thing is that many tapes have work in progress titles so an archive project on the tapes will require the bands assistance. Basically most of the Duran earlier original tapes do need remastering as they were never cut for CD in the first place and so they need tweaking for the format whilst ensuring we don't lose the original intended feel.

Have you needed to contact the original producers and engineers such as Coiln Thurston or Bob Lamb? Any bits recovered from Alex Sadkin's estate?
I did have to contact Bob Lamb for the acoustic version of the Chauffeur which is on the singles box as EMI didn't have a decent master, but I haven't been in contact with the other producers. I have talked Duran over dinner one night with Ken Scott whilst we were working on a Ziggy Stardust 5.1 mix, but that was just general chat rather than work related.

One of the biggest voids in the Duran Duran catalogue has been videos. While the lads certainly are excellent musicians, much of the Duran Duran mystique was generated through their video presence. While there were certainly many VHS and beta tapes produced back in the early to mid 80s, the last time I checked, there were no official DVDs available. What's the status on that front?
There will be a release of the Greatest VHS on DVD later in the year. It will be in PCM stereo not 5.1 as music DVD's are still in the infancy and the sales don't really equate to the budgets that are required to do a proper job on catalogue releases. As such this is really just a stop gap until the money is there to really look at the DD video catalogue. It will still be a fantastic DVD with some little extras and not unlike the Best Of Bowie DVD that I did last year.

Obviously DVD's are going to be a big part of the Duran catalogue release schedule over the next 5 years.

Aside from the music and video elements you have thus far used on the Duran Duran projects, does EMI have a full assortment of artwork and photographs for the various releases?
We have a lot of material but then again so do the band. As long as the relationship with the band at my level remains as good as it is I think we can produce excellent releases. There is scope of a DD anthology project at some stage including audio, visual, artwork and other assets that none of the fans have seen or heard before. I know this is something Nick would love to get his teeth into however it'll take 2 or 3 years to pull together so don't hold your breath!

After the singles box set (tentatively set for May, 2003), what part of the Duran Duran back catalogue is in line for your treatment, and are there any plans to reissue DVD-A or SACD audio releases of Duran titles?
At the moment SACD and DVD-A are battling it out for the hearts and mind as of the public and until things are little more stable on the formats front Duran probably won't figure on either format in the short term. The creation of assets for both formats is expensive and once again at the moment the sales really don't go anywhere near to paying back that investment, particularly outside of the US. There will be multi channel mixes of Duran material at some point but it will need to be done with great care and attention. Finding the correct tapes to start with is going to quite a task!

The singles box is set for May 12 here in the UK though some territories may go later. In the summer there will be remastered mini sleeve versions of Duran Duran and Seven & The Ragged Tiger, as per the Rio release of a couple of years ago, in the summer though they won't have videos on an enhanced section as they are being saved for the Greatest DVD in September/October.

Everything else in Duran catalogue land really depends on the plans for the band's new album and what label it appears on, any major tour and my continuing relationship with the band. It's very much a case of watch this space.
сообщение 25/04.2003 - 19:38
Сообщение #43/4927 

Дюранист

Ну вот, дождались :D
На ДД.коме пишут о начале ТУРНЕ! :o возрожденного состава ДД :) ЭТО уже радует. Хоть какие-то признаки жизни появились :D
Может все же реанимируются успешно ;) Турне начнется в июле этого года в Японии. ( решили подстраховаться :) ) morgan, ты там близко- есть шанс!
Monday July 7th - Osaka - Jo Hall

Tuesday July 8th - Fukuoka - Zepp

Thursday July 10th - Nagoya - Century Hall

Friday July 11th - Tokyo – The Budokan

Tickets for these shows will go on sale in early MAY.

Турне пройдет в ознаменование :D 25-летия группы.

Стрпнно,конечно, что сначала тур, потом альбом...:o

А , ну и пусть!!!!! :D :D :D
Lady Xenax
сообщение 25/04.2003 - 19:56
Сообщение #44/4928 

Гость

Когда уже они к нам приедут!

Я как-то нескромно послала мейл Кэти о том, приедут ли они в Россию. Она скромно промолчала. :(
Nina Chirkova
сообщение 12/05.2003 - 18:22
Сообщение #45/4929 

Гость

Боже мой! Ну, когда же наконец-то свершится это чудо - выход нового альбома DD? :music:
Пусть только попробуют не приехать после этого в Россию! :) Сама лично поеду в Лондон и накостыляю им по полной программе! :D

*размечталась*

(Редактор Nina Chirkova - 12-05-2003 19:25)

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Ответить в темуСоздать новую темуСоздать новый опрос