IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >   ( К первому непрочитанному сообщению )
Ответить в темуСоздать новую темуСоздать новый опрос
> Tour, Есть ли лишний билетик?
Lady Xenax
сообщение 08/07.2003 - 20:19
Сообщение #31/5145 

Гость

Вот подробнейший рассказ skintrade о позавчерашнем шоу.

One word to describe it... AWESOME! They do indeed sound as good as before, with a few hiccups here and there, as pointed out by Laurie on certain songs (that’s forgiven - considering it’s their first show together since Live Aid in ’85). But I am pretty sure it will get even better and perfect as they perform the next few nights. Typical of the japanese audience, they were very calm and less boisterous, even as the lights went out. Laurie and I were already standing up and ready to scream our lungs out. We weren’t bothered if the others around us thought we were 2 overly-excited “gaijins” (foreigners), but hey!… this is a Duran Duran concert!

All 5 of them were again dressed in black jacket with no back up singers nor additional musicians, and they brought the house down with the opening number…
1) FRIENDS OF MINE - Everyone stood up and could be seen putting their hands in the air, humming and even singing to the song. Wow!
2) HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF - Simon fumbled on the lyrics somewhere on the second verse.
3) PLANET EARTH – Laurie missed this song out on the set list she posted on the other thread. Just like HLTW, this sounded like from Arena. Roger was amazing and so was Andy and John.
4) COME UNDONE – song began slightly different with Andy’s opening guitar riff (unlike how Warren would’ve done it). This song sets the mood down for the audience. The female voice on the “can never keep from falling apart..” was, like on their previous tour, a recorded one.
5) WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW – Simon introduced this as one of the few new songs they were going to perform. He explained briefly what this song is all about – telling a child at night before he goes to bed about not worrying waking up the next day not knowing what will happen. (something like that as far as I recalled). Curtains drawn behind them with a plain white back drop which served as a screen, and that’s when live video of them were projected on it! Halfway through this song, Laurie and I were interrupted by the security guy!!! Yeah, we were caught snapping photos with our digi-cams. The security guy seemed pretty aggressive but we explained we were foreigners and didn’t realised it was not allowed. Hahaha!! They took away our camera, only to be claimed back after the show. BUMMER!!!
6) NEW RELIGION – Fantastic rendition. Just like the more upbeat faster version on Arena. Love the bass line! Andy and John both did tremendous back up vocals on the “don’t know why this evil bothers me, so why is he trying to follow me..”, while Simon perfectly sang his part “ take another chance boy, carry the fight, you can take him if you’re fast..” Though he did fumble once again on one of the verse.
7) VIRUS - Another new song! This sounds pretty heavy. Great rock sounding guitar part from Andy blending with Nick’s electronic synth. “I’m the virus, I’m a siren in the rain. I am a courier bringing the spiral into your brain” “When I interface, difference erase. Nothing will remain. Everything will change forever. Viral subdivide target and align the message will survive, everything will change forever” Quite good actually!
WHITE LINES – Great attempt from Andy!!! Somehow this song was one that didn’t impress me at all. No vocals could be heard on the “white lines….” (while Simon did the rap part) nor on the ascending vocals of “Aah.. aah..” . In general, this sounded too loud and defeaning.
9) NIGHTBOAT – Nice intro to the song. Sounded just like on the CD! I saw 2 ladies a few rows in front of us got rather excited about this song and were shaking their booty!
10) STILL BREATHING – A fantastic new ballad! Almost like a slightly upbeat version of Ordinary World. A great drum part from Roger towards the end of the song. Lyrics… “Home, it’s not brick or stone or comfort in the firelight, not in that sense anyway. Dreams, if only I had known but these things always seem so much clearer at a distance” ..”Now, I know this shattered feeling, trampled but still breathing. I’m just waiting for a good day”.
11) SAVE A PRAYER – The moment Simon picked up an acoustic guitar, I knew they were gonna play this song! Excellent rendition, with Andy on backing vocals. However towards the end of the song, synchronisation went a little off between Roger’s drumbeat and Nick’s synthesizer. Otherwise this song was excellently performed and it got my goose pimples standing! Backdrop was some pictures of angels.
12) ORDINARY WORLD – Again a slightly different guitar part did by Andy. Slightly improvised but not too obvious.
13) A VIEW TO A KILL – This song got almost EVERYONE in the hall standing!!! Excellent performance! Their live version to this song sounded just perfect!
14) SUNRISE – This song is just FANTASTIC!!!! Definitely my favorite among the 4 new songs featured at the concert. It’s totally groovy and has a very hummable tune. In my opinion, a potential single! As far as I can remember from an earlier report on duranduran.com, the famous DJ Felix Da Housecat did a remix to this song. “Reach up for the sunrise, put your hands into the big sky. You can touch the sunrise, feel the new day enter your life” And once again, Andy did an excellent job on the backing vocals to this song.
15) NOTORIOUS/ WE ARE FAMILY – An interesting yet fabulous medley! Andy entered the “Notorious” guitar riff a beat or two late at the beginning, but the song build up and got everyone on their feet. Just when we thought Notorious would end, Andy did some great guitar solo as Nick entered and blended in well with the piano part of that Sister’s Sledge classic “We Are Family”. Simon sang on “We are family.. I’ve got all my brothers with me” with obvious reference that Duran Duran is back once again as a family, and he’s got all the guys back with him!
16) WILD BOYS – This song always sound fantastic live! Roger showcased his drum parts at the beginning. By this time.. the japanese got wild!!!! WOW!!!
17) CARELESS MEMORIES – Sounded fantastic and again just like from Arena! A great live song!!!! Screen at the back was showing a montage of all the earlier Duran Duran videos! Memories of the guys way back in the ‘80s. Way cool!
1 RIO – We guessed it that this would be the closing song before the encore. Backdrop was that famous work of art picture by Nagel – Rio! No one was sitting down… everyone was dancing! And of course the saxophone solo part was done by Simon on harmonica. I still feel that Andy Hamilton should be hired to be with them on their tour! J

They left the stage for a breather before getting back for the encore. Audience clapped continuously in an attempt to get the guys back on stage. In the meantime, it was clearly an advertisement for themusic.com, as they showed on the screen on stage urging the audience to purchase the “Encore Series” of Duran Duran’s performance and “relieve the experience again and again…”

19) THE REFLEX – the first encore. Everyone in the audience knew this song so well!
20) GIRLS ON FILM – an excellent closing number. They did the night version… superb performance from all of them!!!

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE! Both thumbs up! It was really great to see them back live on stage.

- Stage set up was exactly like '84/ Live Aid '85

-Roger- -Nick-
-John- -Simon- -Andy-
S T A G E
----------------------------------------------------

- What did they wear?
All of them wore black jackets with different shirt inside. Andy - black collared shirt. Simon - white long sleeve collared shirt(took off his jacket after the second song). Roger - a very sexy black singlet (tank top). John - long sleeve black shirt (with fine white stripes.. I think). Nick - a white shirt.

- Band still sounded good. 'Did you get any Arena style leaping about or more restrained movement??' Well, it was nice to see John and Andy running around like they used to do in '84. Especially during Careless Memories!.. Simon squeezed in between John and Andy. But there are some moments where they stood at their respective spots looking restrained.

Alien

Мне кажется, что как только Duran Duran Encore Series будут распроданы, то найдется кто-нибудь, кто разместит их в вебе. Надо будет на Лизарде идейку подкинуть.

Больше всего хочется услышать новые песни и исполнение уорреновских хитов Энди и Роджером.
Перейти на верхушку страницы
+Цитировать данное сообщение
Lady Xenax
сообщение 09/07.2003 - 21:13
Сообщение #32/5146 

Гость

а тут фоты

http://www.durandurantimeline.com/osaka/
Пользователь в отключке :) Lily
сообщение 10/07.2003 - 08:09
Сообщение #33/5147 

Дюранист

Из: Подольск

Млин... Ну как же здорово, как классно...
:music:
Скорее бы в Россию приехали...
Перейти на верхушку страницыВизитная карточка пользователяОставить приватное сообщение пользователю
Lady Xenax
сообщение 10/07.2003 - 20:37
Сообщение #34/5148 

Гость

А фота из tourbook на развороте просто обалдеть!

BTW, они добавили еще одну американскую дату - 15 июля в ЛА. Мол, в Рокси они когда-то первый раз выступали в Городе Ангелов. Ностальгия их замучила, что ли...

А разве Тейлоры не хотят увидеть Рашу своими глазами? :) Помниться у нас только Ники и Саймон из оригинальной 'великолепной пятерки' были. :(
Пользователь в отключке :) Alien
сообщение 11/07.2003 - 00:28
Сообщение #35/5149 

Дюранер

Из: Черноголовка / Россия

ЦИТАТА
А разве Тейлоры не хотят увидеть Рашу своими глазами?

Меня тоже мучит этот вопрос!
Перейти на верхушку страницыВизитная карточка пользователяОставить приватное сообщение пользователю
Lady Xenax
сообщение 11/07.2003 - 21:07
Сообщение #36/5150 

Гость

Alien

:lol:

а это с дд.кома про Токийское шоу.

The Band's in RARE FORM!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There’s not a lot I’ll be able to add in terms of perspective that hasn’t already been said by those who have attended the other Japan shows, but having seen Duran live lots of times over the last 20 odd years, I can honestly say tonight was the best I’ve EVER heard them. They were amazing!

Just to show I’m not biased… I will say that there were some clunky moments and that I had the WORST seat ever (last row, tippy top). Anyway, the set list was perfect (of course there were songs they omitted that I’d love to hear, but the fact of the matter is, they’re only going to play for two hours, and they have more than two hours of good material.

Okay other observations:

- The fans tonight were amazing… I saw no asses touching seats (and I did have a bird’s eye view, mind you). Lots of dancing… lots of crowd interaction… AND a full house

- John and Andy are doing incredible backup vocals these days. It must be their solo jaunts that brought their games up.

- All five look like they’re having a blast and it shows on the stage and in the music

- The new songs work in the sets... tonight makes me ready for the new album even more.

- It’s great not having just the five onstage… it just looks right

- AND speaking of looking right, from my perch up high, if I squinted the right way, the years washed away, and it was like watching Duran Duran circa 1984 but sounding better, if that makes sense

- Simon’s voice is the strongest I’ve ever heard it… as evidenced in AVTAK and Ordinary world

- They’re playing the songs straight – no major new arrangements (with the exception of Notorious/We Are Family), but by “playing them straight” they’re breathing new life into the tunes

The set list (with my random comment in “( )”

Friends of Mine (before they started they did a pre-curtain call – all five of them together at the front of the stage… VERY nice.)

Hungry Like the Wolf

Planet Earth (Four words ladies and gentlemen: “Roger’s back on drums” YAY!)

Come Undone

What Happens Tomorrow

New Religion (the tambourine makes its first appearance of the evening and Andy and John are fantastic on backup vocals)

Virus

White Lines (I know some of you grumble about this being there… but the crowd goes wild)

Nightboat

Waiting for a Good Day (good new tune, has a Doorsy feel to it, if you can believe it)

Is There Something I Should Know?

Save A Prayer (clunky synth ending, but didn’t take anything away from it)

Ordinary World (Andy puts his own good touch on it, but I’m still partial to Warren’s take)

Sunrise (with words on the screen for the gang to sing along)

Notorious

Careless Memories

Encore 1: Band Intro

The Reflex

Girls on Film

Encore TWO (after the band leaves the stage, the Rio album cover appears on the TV screen… the crowd goes nuts!!!) Two minutes later the guys come out and Simon says, “So what shall we play then?”

And they end on Rio

Добавление от 11-07-2003 23:46

http://homepage2.nifty.com/prayer/duran/in...index_live.html

Тут фоты с токийского концерта. Такая прелесть! Наши парни просто потрясающе смотрятся *drools*
сообщение 11/07.2003 - 23:39
Сообщение #37/5151 

Дюранер

Ага... сразу на концерт захотелось...
Lady Xenax
сообщение 12/07.2003 - 20:19
Сообщение #38/5152 

Гость

Там на Лизарде еще фоты выставили, с Яхуу-ньюз. Прикиньте, в подписе к одной из них, где были Сай и Ник, Ника обозвали 'Ник Тейлор'. :lol:
Выходит-то, Джонни и Ник наконец-то поженились! :lol: :lol: :lol:
сообщение 13/07.2003 - 01:06
Сообщение #39/5153 

Дюранер

ЦИТАТА
Ника обозвали 'Ник Тейлор'.

Я как-то раз так оговорилась! :lol: :lol: :lol: Выходит, не я одна такая! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lady Xenax
сообщение 13/07.2003 - 21:18
Сообщение #40/5154 

Гость

Alien

Близнецы как никак :lol: :lol: :lol:
сообщение 13/07.2003 - 23:11
Сообщение #41/5155 

Дюранер

Кстати, Нику, действительно, нужно было взять псевдоним Тэйлор :lol: ради прикола :lol: :lol: :lol:
и группу назвать 'Саймон и Тэйлоры' :lol:
Пользователь в отключке :) Lily
сообщение 14/07.2003 - 12:59
Сообщение #42/5156 

Дюранист

Из: Подольск

:( :( :( :( :( :(
МИНИ-ЦИТАТА
Выходит-то, Джонни и Ник наконец-то поженились!

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Lady Xenax
сообщение 14/07.2003 - 22:19
Сообщение #43/5157 

Гость

Lily

Это мы шутим так. Не переживай. :D

ЦИТАТА
'Саймон и Тэйлоры'

Класс! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Насчет концертов. Говорят, что токийское шоу прошло просто на ура. Они были более уверены в себе и сыграли практически идеально. Также, по словам тех, кто там был, новые песни им очень понравились. И ЭТО НЕ РЕКЛАМА. Я ПРОСТО ПЕРЕДАЮ, ЧТО НАПИСАЛИ ДРУГИЕ.
сообщение 14/07.2003 - 23:22
Сообщение #44/5158 

Дюранер

Lily

И не мы одни так шутим! :D
Lady Xenax
сообщение 16/07.2003 - 21:38
Сообщение #45/5159 

Гость

На концерте в Рокси была куч знаменитостей - Николас Кейдж, Гвен Стефани, Кристина Агилера и другие.
Шоу по словам тех, кто там был - просто офигенное!

5 страниц V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Ответить в темуСоздать новую темуСоздать новый опрос